Benton City Fire
Tennants of a Benton City four-plex are looking for another place to stay for now, after a fire in the building last night.
Flames broke out in the 700 block of East 8th Street about seven last night. Johnna Combs lives in a downstairs unit with her husband and two children, she was out when got a phone call that the complex was on fire and rushed home.
When she arrived she could see flames shooting out of the roof, but everyone got out safely.
A maintenance person was appartanly working on a vacant upstairs unit when the fire was sparked accidentally. The entire building suffered smoke and water damage,