UPDATE: Jacobsen Trial

<p>Tawney Johnson testifies</p>

Tawney Johnson testifies

Testimony continues today in the trial of a former nanny accused of killing the Richland child who was in her care back in 2011.

After nearly two years of silence, the victim's mother spoke out today in court.

It was the first time Tawney Johnson spoke publicly about the death of her one-year-old son Ryder Morrison.

Johnson took the stand today in Kelli Anne Jacobsen's manslaughter trial in Benton County, and told the jury what happened the day Ryder died.

Ryder's mother says she was working at Lockheed Martin, when she received a call from her neighbor, who told her, "I don't want you to panic, but your son is unconscious and getting in the back of an ambulance."

Johnson said she ran to find another co-worker, and the two of them rushed to the hospital. There, she was met by a chaplain, and she said her knees buckled.

A short time later, a doctor spoke with her and told her Ryder had passed away.

"He had said that Ryder sustained injuries to his head and he knelt down in front of me and looked at me and said that the babysitter's story wasn't adding up, and I started yelling at him," testified Johnson on the stand.

Her mother, Ryder's grandmother, Carey Gavaert said, "It's a reaction that will stay in my head for the rest of my life. The agony of hearing your daughter scream and cry like that. I'll never forget it."

Paramedics who arrived at the scene say the nanny, Jacobsen, told them that ryder was playing with a toy and fell down.

But prosecutors believe Jacobsen is responsible for his death and because of that, she is charged with first degree manslaughter.

Also today, a radiologist who looked at x-rays of Ryder's injuries testified he believed they were not accidental.

Meanwhile, Jacobsen's attorney has tried to cast doubt on the prosecution's allegations, saying it was Ryder's mother or some unknown health problem may have played a role in the child's death.

Testimony is expected to continue on Monday.