Pendleton School District to host public forums on upcoming bond
The Pendleton School District will host several public forums regarding its facilities needs and the bond that will ask voters to consider renewing in November to help address those issues.
The upcoming forums will take place on the following dates:
• Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at 7 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary School
• Thursday, May 2, 2013, at 6 p.m. at Washington Elementary School
• Thursday, May 2, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. at Sherwood Heights Elementary School
• Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at 6:30 p.m. at McKay Creek Elementary School
• Thursday, May 16, 2013, at 7 p.m. at Pendleton High School Commons
During each of the forums, the District will show a video presentation that highlights all of the PSD’s facility conditions, as well as show design concepts for two replacement schools at Washington and Sherwood Heights elementaries. A design concept for converting the Hawthorne building into an early childhood/kindergarten center also will be shown.
The public is encouraged to attend to not only view the video presentation, but also ask questions of Superintendent Jon Peterson regarding the bond.