Oregon Dept. of Justice Announces Worst Charities
The Oregon Department of Justice announces its annual list of worst charities -- a distinction bestowed upon groups that spend less than 35 percent of the money they raise for their cause.
Consumers are warned about giving money to groups that spend the majority of donations raised on administrative and fund-raising expenses.
Here's a peek at the top 5 worst charities:
1. The Law Enforcement Education Program
2. Shiloh International Ministries
3. Firefighters Support Foundation
4. Firefighters Charitable Foundation, Inc.
5. The Wishing Well Foundation
With all of these organizations, less than 10 percent of the donations raised are actually spent on its cause.
Click here to see a list of the worst charities.