UPDATE: Fire Destroys Mobile Home in College Place
Fire investigators say a space heater is to blame for starting a fire that destoyed a mobile home Tuesday afternoon in College Place.
Fire crews from three different agencies -- College Place City, Walla Walla City and Walla Walla County Fire District #4 -- responded around 3 p.m. to the residence on the 800 block of SE Mockingbird Drive.
When crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the eaves, but the residents managed to get out safely.
Fire Marshal John Boose says a space heater was placed to close to a couch and other combustible materials which ignited.
No injuries were reported and the mobile home is a complete loss.