Chirstmas Tree Fire Destroys Pasco Home

A Christmas tree is too blame for a two alarm fire in Pasco last night that destroyed a home.

The fire started in the basement of this house on Ruby drive in Pasco where a Christmas tree was placed too close to the fireplace.

The fire then quickly spread into the garage and through the rest of the home.

The family was home when the fire started but everyone made it out safely.

A few family members were in the basement when it started. They escaped through a window.     

The back of the house and the garage have the most damage but the entire house is a loss.

The family was able to salvage some jewelry and a few items of clothing.

Thirty-six fire fighters responded within minutes but the fire had already taken over the basement.