Burn Ban Removed for Upper and Lower Yakima Counties
Effective: 9:00 a.m. PST today, Tuesday, January 08, 2013:
From the YRCAA-
The Burn Ban for both Upper and Lower Yakima County areas has been REMOVED for all areas in YRCAA’s jurisdiction due to an improvement in ventilation and weather projections.
- Burn Ban stage 2 is lifted today due to the lifting of the low inversion and the projected improvements in ventilation and dispersion conditions today and tomorrow.
- Dispersion and ventilation predictions are currently: poor to fair
- PM2.5 Monitor values are currently Good (Green) in both the Upper and Lower County areas
- No Agricultural Burn allocations will be resumed by contacting the YRCAA office.
- Please note that the Residential Burn Permit period has ended and will not resume until April 15, 2013.
Note: Burn Ban conditions are re-evaluated daily – for your convenience you can also sign up for our Burn Ban E-mail Updates at http://www.yakimacleanair.org .