Space heater suspected of starting house fire in Kennewick

Kenenwick firefighters suspect a space heater started a fire that damaged a home this morning in the 1200 block of East 6th Avenue.

A woman living at the home called 911 around 6:30 this morning.  When firefighters arrived, they found a bedroom in the back of the home on fire.  The woman was the only person at the home at the time and made it out unharmed.

Fire investigators believe the fire centered around a space heater placed near a bed and left on and unattended at the time of the fire.

Damage to the home and its contents is estimated at $70,000.