Unusual Smoke Closes Valley Mall Stores For Short Time
A mechanical malfunction closes three stores for a couple of hours at the Yakima Valley Mall yesterday.
The Union Gap Fire Department says it happened around 3 pm after it received reports of a strong smell of smoke coming from a Buckle store.
The Buckle, and two neighboring stores, were closed for about 2 and half hours while crews worked to find the source of the smoke.
Crews say the smoke came from a faulty heating device on the roof.
No one was injured during the incident.