Unusual Smoke Closes Valley Mall Stores For Short Time

<p>Valley Mall</p>

Valley Mall

A mechanical malfunction closes three stores for a couple of hours at the Yakima Valley Mall yesterday.

The Union Gap Fire Department says it happened around 3 pm after it received reports of a strong smell of smoke coming from a Buckle store.

The Buckle, and two neighboring stores, were closed for about 2 and half hours while crews worked to find the source of the smoke.

Crews say the smoke came from a faulty heating device on the roof.

No one was injured during the incident.