Union Gap Moving Court Cases to County Court

<p>Union Gap City Hall</p>

Union Gap City Hall

People charged for lesser crimes in Union Gap will soon have to get their cases settled in Yakima.

The city approved a contract with Yakima County to run it's municipal court services through the county district court.

City Manager Rod Otterness says the city would save about $8,000 a year on current costs, and would allow the city to consider opening another court.

The original court was moved to the fire station after black mold was found in city hall last year.