Mile Marker 28 Fire Over 17,000 Acres in Size
SATUS PASS – US 97 will be closed between Toppenish and Goldendale for the next several days as the 17,000-acre Mile Marker 28 Fire continues to burn along both sides of the highway.
Drivers should plan to continue using alternate routes next week, including State Route 221 or Interstate 82 to SR 14.
The Washington State Department of Transportation, Washington State Patrol and fire officials are continually reevaluating conditions. WSDOT will reopen the highway as soon as it is safe for travelers.
The corridor has been closed since 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 24.
For more information:
- View current conditions on Satus Pass
- Check WSDOT traffic alerts
- Follow WSDOT on Twitter@WSDOT_SW
- View photos on Flickr
- View fire updates on inciweb
- Or contact the Incident Management Team 509-773-7136