UPDATE: Red Cross Response to Wildfire
Red Cross activity in Oregon and Southwest Washington:
Mile Marker 28 Fire (Klickitat County, near Goldendale, WA)
* A shelter has been set up at Father's House Fellowship, 207 S. Klickitat Ave., in Goldendale
* Red Cross volunteer from various Oregon and Washington chapters are managing 3 shifts to welcome and care for clients.
* Red Cross volunteers today are in the community, offering Gatorade/water and reminding folks that even if they do not want to stay at the shelter they are welcome to come in for meals
* In addition to proving a safe place to stay, the shelter is offering meals and serving as a community center where residents affected by the fire can get information about the status of the fire, resources for kenne ling pets and livestock, register with Red Cross Safe and Well, and stay occupied with games, puzzles, etc.
* Red Cross health service and disaster mental health volunteers are available to assist residents affected by the fire
* Red Cross services to date: 518 meals and snacks, 11 overnight stays.
Douglas Complex Fire (Douglas County, near Glendale, OR)
* One shelter has been opened at Glendale Elementary School at 100 Pacific Ave. in Glendale
**Anyone affected by wildfire activity in Oregon and Southwest Washington seeking assistance should call 1-888-680-1455.