Fire destroys Pasco home

<p>House Fire</p>

House Fire

A Pasco family is without a home, after a large fire destroys their house this morning.

The fire broke out at a home on Waldemar Avenue shortly after 9:30 AM.

Firefighters believe the fire started outside of the home and the flames worked their way through the house.

Investigators are not sure how the fire started.

A family of five lives in the home, but nobody was there when the fire broke out.

A dog was at the house, but firefighters rescued the animal and it was not injured.

Neighbors who saw the fire and came out of their homes to offer help say they've never seen anything like this before.

"Basically, I was eating breakfast and through the window in the kitchen, we saw some black smoke coming out. We looked over at the corner and saw smoke coming out, so I grabbed the phone really quick and I called 911, and ran over here to see if anybody was here, but there was already quite a few people here knocking at the door, making sure everybody's out, or making sure no one's there" said Fidel Espinoza, neighbor.

Fire crews say the wind made it difficult to fight the fire.

They say if all the firefighters hadn't worked so well together to stop the flames, the fire could have easily spread to a second home.

Fire crews hope to know what specifically started the fire within the next couple of days as they continue their investigation.

Nobody was injured during the fire.

The house is a total loss.