Fire Rips Through Small Home

<p>W Logan Ave Fire</p>

W Logan Ave Fire

A Yakima man is out of a home tonight after his home is heavily damaged by a fire this morning.

Firefighters say the fire started around 10:30 on the 900 block of West Logan Avenue.

Crews found a one story home in flames -- they were able to knock down the fire in a matter of minutes, however three cats died during the fire.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire may be from a space heater.

"They put out a tremendous amount of heat, and when they are placed too close to combustibles, they can start them on fire," said Captain Jennifer Norton, "That appears to be what the cause is on this fire, it was placed next to the couch, and it just caught the couch on fire. The couch, with those cushionings, really makes a good fuel for the fire."

Firefighters say damage is estimated at about $40,000