Fever Falls to Revolution 40-37


The Tri-Cities Fever fell to the Texas Revolution 40-37 Friday night to fall to 1-2 on the new IFL season. Below is the game recap courtesy of the Fever:


Fever falls at Texas
ALLEN, Texas -- The Tri-Cities Fever could not shake a slow start and had its second-half rally fall short in a 40-37 loss to the Texas Revolution on Friday night at the Allen Events Center.
The Fever (1-2) will get a chance to even the score with the Revolution (1-2) next Friday night at the Toyota Center. Kickoff for the rematch is 7:05 p.m.
The Tri-Cities Fever, after a dismal offensive first half that resulted in just one point, scored 37 second-half points, but it wasn’t enough. A couple of late onside kicks went awry and Texas held on for its first victory of the season.
Steven Whitehead led the second-half comeback with three touchdowns, two receiving and one rushing. Ed Berry and George Bell also caught second-half touchdown passes.
The Fever, which fell to 0-2 on the road, could never get going offensively in the first half. On six offensive possessions, Tri-Cities turned the ball over on downs twice, fumbled twice, threw one interception, and missed a field goal.
Tri-Cities had just two first downs in the first half.
The Fever offense got going in the second half, but again it was slowed by turnovers. Tri-Cities turned the ball over five times in the game. One of those came in the red zone late in the third quarter with the Fever trailing by just nine points.
The Fever led the game 1-0 when it was assessed a rouge on the opening kickoff. Texas scored the next 17 points and would not trail again.
Kasey Peters had an off-night, completing 19 of 41 passes for 172 yards and four touchdowns. He also threw three interceptions.
Whitehead caught a team-high seven passes for 75 yards and two scores.
Dennis Rogan had a big night returning kicks putting the Fever in good field position all night long. He had six returns for 122 yards, nearly breaking two of them for touchdowns.