Air Conditioner Sparks Downtown Walla Walla Fire

<p>Courtesy- Facebook page for Walla Walla FD</p>

Courtesy- Facebook page for Walla Walla FD

Firefighters say an air conditioner or its wiring may have been the cause of a fire in downtown Walla Walla yesterday.

It happened around 1:40AM early Sunday morning in a building housing multiple merchants, including the Laht Neppur Ale House, on South Spokane Street.

A caller reported seeing light smoke coming from the attic area.

Due to the fire being reported early, crews were able to quickly knock it down and most of the contents and structure were left without damage.