Armed Robbery Suspects Arrested in Kennewick

Three male suspects led Kennewick Police Officers and detectives on a chase through Kennewick last night after allegedly committing 4 armed robberies.

This all began last night at about 8:30 pm at Fruitland Park located at 407 N Fruitland. Daniel Furness (age 19) was walking near the park when he saw three males standing near a car. One of the suspects was wearing a red bandana and approached him with a gun in his hand. They made him empty his pockets but the victim had nothing in his pockets to steal. The suspects drove away in the car.

At approximately 8:50 pm, a male wearing a red bandana approached the Tacos Jalisco taco truck located at 1215 W 4th Ave, displayed a gun and demanded money. No money was taken and the suspect fled on foot.

At approximately 9:10 pm, a male wearing a red bandana and holding a gun along with a second male suspect entered the City Market located at 415 S Rainier, demanded money and was given money from the till and then fled out the door.

It is then believed that the suspects went to the Tesoro gas station at 1st & Gum, 2 males entered the store, one carrying a gun and demanded money and were given money from the till. The suspects fled the store. The clerk was able to get a good vehicle description and called 911 immediately.

Responding officers spotted the suspect vehicle on Kennewick Ave near Lyle St. They attempted to stop the vehicle, a silver Mitsubishi Eclipse 2 door, but the vehicle fled from police. Shortly after the pursuit started, the suspect struck a curb and blew out one of the front tires. This damage prevented them from traveling at more than 20 mph. In spite of the damage, the suspect continued to run from police for about 20 minutes. During the pursuit, Stop Sticks (metal spike strips), were deployed a couple of times and managed to deflate 2 additional tires on the suspect vehicle. Additionally during the pursuit, the suspects threw evidence from their vehicle including the handgun. All the items were recovered by officers.

The suspects finally turned down a dead end street at 38 S Waverly. The driver attempted to flee but was apprehended by the police K9. The other two suspects were into custody without incident.
It is also suspected that these three suspects were involved in the armed robbery at Mr. E's Mart the night before.
No officers or victims were injured in the incidents.