Space Heater Causes Richland Home to Burn Down

The Richland Fire Department said pillows or blankets getting too close to a space heater is what caused a house fire that forced a man out of his home yesterday morning.

The fire broke out around 7:00 a.m. On the 900 block of Smith Ave.

The man renting out the home said be he had just left his home and was down the street when someone told him flames were coming from his home.

Within minutes, the house was engulfed in flames and he lost his two dogs and bird.

The man will be staying with family and friends for now and the Red Cross said they will help him get back on his feet.