House Fire Accidentally Set in Kennewick

Fire investigators have determined a fire that damaged a home on the 3400 block of South Dennis Street in Kennewick yesterday was accidentally set.

It has been determined that the fire was started just before 3 PM when the homeowner was conducting some type of religious or cultural ceremony which involved the burning of paper or incense.  A small ember fell into the shrubs at the front of the home and the fire quickly spread.

The fire extended to the exterior of the home and moved quickly into the first floor living room and the attic area.